Santa Claus - Believe or not to Believe?
Santa Claus - Believe or not to Believe? This is a question I have been thinking about since Carters first Christmas. I have asked Cam more then once about it. Once again, as I wrapped Santa presents last night, I started thinking of it again.
When I was younger, my parents never encouraged me to believe in Santa, but they never said he wasn't real. Honestly I don't think I ever did believe. With 6 older brothers and sisters it is hard not to catch on quickly. Rather then believing in it, I think I questioned it. I always wondered if Santa was real - hoped he was (any person who gave me stuff was OK in my books). I remember one year, my brother and I found some red fluff under the chair where we had left the cookies and milk. It was the first real hint that he was real. Even though, in the back of my mind I knew it was fluff from a blanket we had. But it was fun to pretend.
The year I discovered the truth, I woke up and found my stocking to be empty. Santa hasn't come yet. So I decided to get up and find out what the hold up was. (I must've been young because I couldn't tell time yet). I wandered upstairs to find my parents and older siblings putting out wonderful presents under the tree. They didn't see me, and I went back to bed with a new understanding. I never told my Mom what happened until years later. Thats how little is moved me.
BUT.... on the other hand there are children who believe in him so fully it would crush their whole world to find out he isn't real. Cam and I were at ToysRus some time ago and I asked him what he thought, should be Carters Santa present this year. Immediately "ssssshhhhhhhhh"! I was rather annoyed that my husband had just Ssh'd me and I asked him what his problem was. Thats when I realized it. We were in the younger area of the store, and with it being a Saturday, the place was PACKED with kids. Most likely, one of them believed in Santa. What an old crow I felt like.
So........ Santa Claus - Believe or not to Believe?

Comments