A diagnoses is near.
On Tuesday, Cam and I went to a 'Parent Information Session" at the Child Developmental Clinic (CDC). It was all about the process and what happens with each step. I was rather excited as we have been waiting since May to have something happen with this place. As she went through everything, I was shocked about the similarities between the CDC and Carters preschool. It sounded like the exact same thing. The only difference, is that this place could give us a diagnoses.
As the end of the session she said that any child with assessments in certain areas will not be doubled up on. I talked to her about Carter and she confirmed, because he is receiving therapy through Carters preschool, he wouldn't get it through them. That was a relief to hear, I couldn't imagine doing double of EVERYTHING he is doing now. Also if means our time with this place will be short.
This was a relief. I couldn't imagine making his schedule more hectic then it is. But he will need lots of appointments for the diagnoses.
Today, I ended up talk to her again about it. I called her to confirm that all we wanted was a diagnoses, because I wasn't sure she had understood that. While I was talking to her she mentioned she was going to call me that afternoon. There was a cancelation at the Pediatricians and she wondered if I would like it. I of course took it. So in two weeks we will finally get this process started. She also said that a 'Child Development Specialist', would be contacting me with in the next few weeks to book a home visit. They will observe him and asses where his over all development is.
So things are happening, and I think it will be quite a taxing experience. But once its done, we'll have a diagnoses and continue with preschool.
As the end of the session she said that any child with assessments in certain areas will not be doubled up on. I talked to her about Carter and she confirmed, because he is receiving therapy through Carters preschool, he wouldn't get it through them. That was a relief to hear, I couldn't imagine doing double of EVERYTHING he is doing now. Also if means our time with this place will be short.
This was a relief. I couldn't imagine making his schedule more hectic then it is. But he will need lots of appointments for the diagnoses.
Today, I ended up talk to her again about it. I called her to confirm that all we wanted was a diagnoses, because I wasn't sure she had understood that. While I was talking to her she mentioned she was going to call me that afternoon. There was a cancelation at the Pediatricians and she wondered if I would like it. I of course took it. So in two weeks we will finally get this process started. She also said that a 'Child Development Specialist', would be contacting me with in the next few weeks to book a home visit. They will observe him and asses where his over all development is.
So things are happening, and I think it will be quite a taxing experience. But once its done, we'll have a diagnoses and continue with preschool.
Comments