Some relief.
I was VERY nervous about the appointment today. The supervisor was coming today for the aid that has been working with Carter. My stomach was all upset, I couldn't stop looking at the clock. Finally at around 10am I caved and asked Cam to come home for it. That made me feel so much better.
So as I started reading my list again, I started psyching myself out. "These are not valid points". "She's going to think Im crazy". So to make myself feel better I re-arranged the list to bad - worse. Then put certain things together and made it one point.
So she got here and we immediately told her was had concerns. The first point I started off with was:
"When Carter doesnt want to play with something, he will wander away. His aid told me she has no idea what to do with him when he does this". I thought this was the very LEAST of what I was worried about. So to see the supervisor react the way she did was VERY reassuring. I even said to her "Wow, if THATS shocking you, just wait! Were not done". I made sure I went through everything with her. Explained why I felt that way, and she wrote EVERYTHING down. I had to stop talking sometimes because she was writing. By the time I told her about what happened on the last day with her, the supervisor was in uproar. That aid will NEVER be coming back. The supervisor will be looking for a new one as soon as the long weekend is over, and I couldn't be more thrilled! We meet for 1 1/2 hours! She really listened and didn't blow over what I had to say. I feel WAY better about this! She told me that if I have any concerns with the new aid that I am to call her ASAP and not wait for her to visit! So now we wait! Again!! But Im glad to do it!
So as I started reading my list again, I started psyching myself out. "These are not valid points". "She's going to think Im crazy". So to make myself feel better I re-arranged the list to bad - worse. Then put certain things together and made it one point.
So she got here and we immediately told her was had concerns. The first point I started off with was:
"When Carter doesnt want to play with something, he will wander away. His aid told me she has no idea what to do with him when he does this". I thought this was the very LEAST of what I was worried about. So to see the supervisor react the way she did was VERY reassuring. I even said to her "Wow, if THATS shocking you, just wait! Were not done". I made sure I went through everything with her. Explained why I felt that way, and she wrote EVERYTHING down. I had to stop talking sometimes because she was writing. By the time I told her about what happened on the last day with her, the supervisor was in uproar. That aid will NEVER be coming back. The supervisor will be looking for a new one as soon as the long weekend is over, and I couldn't be more thrilled! We meet for 1 1/2 hours! She really listened and didn't blow over what I had to say. I feel WAY better about this! She told me that if I have any concerns with the new aid that I am to call her ASAP and not wait for her to visit! So now we wait! Again!! But Im glad to do it!
Comments