Reaction

Lately I have been reacting to things in one way or another. Good, bad, the ugly. I find myself wondering if I'm reacting 'just right'. I've had a couple things that have happened and my reaction is yucky.

We were getting a house walk through done today from the people we rent from. They informed us of it on the 10th. I have been stressed out, non stop about it. Not that I believe that were doing anything wrong. But it stressed me out. The guy came this morning, he was here for two minutes and left. Most of his time was spent talking to me.
Another example, I was talking to a friend on the phone. I was very frustrated with my children. I may have snapped at my kids a little more then I needed and she was obviously very un-pleased with how I talked to them. I didn't defend myself. (Again, I am NOT saying that I didn't over react to my kids) but I feel I should've reacted a little more when I felt attacked. (I tend to back down a lot when I feel attacked, so this was the example I used).
When the aid was here the other day, and I rose out of my chair to kick her out. I couldn't tell if I was over reacting or not, so I sat back down. Now looking back, I should've kicked her out.
I hid in the bathroom today after not handling the commotion well in my home. I came out, Carter had spread all my clean laundry over all the floor. Logan was on the table "playing" on the computer, screaming at the top of his lungs. I put Logan to bed . I then went to get Carter to help me clean up the laundry and I saw that Carter wanted to use the laundry basket to play in. So I left it on the floor.
I was given something the other day, and misunderstood for what the gift was intended. When I was corrected, I was so humiliated that I cannot stop thinking about it. But the giver, I guessing, has not given it a second thought.

How do we learn to 'react' to things? How do I know its not just anxiety? I have been very concerned with my reactions. Especially because I am pregnant and a mother, and that cannot be good for my children or hubby. Thoughts? Tips?

Comments

Gingerjigger said…
Hey Wendy. I have a wee tip, not sure if it's any good but maybe worth a share. In CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) we did this thing called 'mindfulness' basicly it's taking the time to identify the thoughts that go through your head that lead to a reaction or bigger thought process.
The idea is you can take that inital thought and then determine if it can be supported. aka if I eat a bit of cake and gain weight will no one love me or if I tell somone they have hurt/offended me am I being crazy. It just sort of helps you to figure out if you are overreacting. It's a bit hard to explain sorry! I would try googling it, you may find it helpful. Regardless I am sending you a massive hug!!!! Sarah ps send we a wee mail if you ever want to chat about anythign

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

-FAT-