The Thinkings of My Goings On.
Summer has been crazy. I've never wanted fall to come more. Carter starts school tomorrow so I decided I will let myself blog about it.
Where shall I start...? My Mom.
Some of you may not know, that I work at an Optometrist office. This summer I said I would work Fridays to help out with Summer holidays. My Mom had just purchased new glasses and called me at home complaining of double vision while she was using them. Later in the week she mentioned that it was also in the morning BEFORE she put on her glasses. That raised a red flag for me. Something wasn't right. So I got her booked in on a day I worked so I could be there too. Friday came and my Mom walked in........... I was SHOCKED. From the last time I had seen her ( a week ago) to now, she looked completely different. I started asking questions and from what I knew, I thought she had had a stroke. She went for test after test that day. They determined she did not have a stroke. I didn't believe it. My family Doctor finally sent her to the Neurology Clinic to get her tested. Sure enough, she had had a stroke ( a mini stroke, no blood clot, but for some reason blood doesn't make it to the brain). I thought now that she was on the right path things would get better. She hasnt had any therapy yet. Almost there, but not yet. It is shocking to she her change so fast before my eyes. Only a month ago she was fine.
Carter... my favorite subject. Summer has been REALLY HARD! Fighting, screaming, crying, blood, ugh! He is a whole lot of boy to handle all on my own. He tries to wrestle with Logan, and Logan SCREAMS! Its non stop of chasing those two around. Don't get me wrong, we had good days too. But needless to say, I'm ready for school. It was a sad day when I looked at my Son and I had the thought "I now see you how everyone else sees you". Not in bad way, but an Autistic way.
Cam found out the other day that there is a small chance (small, but Im still thinking about it) chance that he could be working in Slave Lake next year. If he did he would be working there for 11/2 - 2 years. Here is the catch. Me and the kids wouldnt go. There are no services up there for Carter. Nothing to entertain me. So he would somehow commute (6 1/2 hours) between here and there..... We wont find out for awhile.. but its still on my mind.
Where shall I start...? My Mom.
Some of you may not know, that I work at an Optometrist office. This summer I said I would work Fridays to help out with Summer holidays. My Mom had just purchased new glasses and called me at home complaining of double vision while she was using them. Later in the week she mentioned that it was also in the morning BEFORE she put on her glasses. That raised a red flag for me. Something wasn't right. So I got her booked in on a day I worked so I could be there too. Friday came and my Mom walked in........... I was SHOCKED. From the last time I had seen her ( a week ago) to now, she looked completely different. I started asking questions and from what I knew, I thought she had had a stroke. She went for test after test that day. They determined she did not have a stroke. I didn't believe it. My family Doctor finally sent her to the Neurology Clinic to get her tested. Sure enough, she had had a stroke ( a mini stroke, no blood clot, but for some reason blood doesn't make it to the brain). I thought now that she was on the right path things would get better. She hasnt had any therapy yet. Almost there, but not yet. It is shocking to she her change so fast before my eyes. Only a month ago she was fine.
Carter... my favorite subject. Summer has been REALLY HARD! Fighting, screaming, crying, blood, ugh! He is a whole lot of boy to handle all on my own. He tries to wrestle with Logan, and Logan SCREAMS! Its non stop of chasing those two around. Don't get me wrong, we had good days too. But needless to say, I'm ready for school. It was a sad day when I looked at my Son and I had the thought "I now see you how everyone else sees you". Not in bad way, but an Autistic way.
Cam found out the other day that there is a small chance (small, but Im still thinking about it) chance that he could be working in Slave Lake next year. If he did he would be working there for 11/2 - 2 years. Here is the catch. Me and the kids wouldnt go. There are no services up there for Carter. Nothing to entertain me. So he would somehow commute (6 1/2 hours) between here and there..... We wont find out for awhile.. but its still on my mind.
Comments
Fingers crossed it's good news with Cams work
Sarah x