The one where Wendy tries to lose weight… AGAIN

I hear ya, I hear ya. You’re thinking, “Haven’t I read this post before”? Well, Yes, you have. Many a time I have tried to lose weight and have given up on my goals. Excuse’s come into play. A lot of time sickness too. But that's no reason to get on the horse again once I am better. But I don’t.
Last year, I went up 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight with Logan. Somehow I mustered everything in me, and I lost 20 lbs. I even did well over Christmas not to gain any weight. January we decided to move. I started eating really crappy as there was never any place to cook in my once I started packing. My body as a result gained 10 lbs back, and I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight. My body is for sure comfortable at this weight. I read something that said once you gain weight your body needs to get use to it, and you need to be careful. Otherwise you body will elastic back to where it is comfortable. So here I sit. At the same weight I have been for awhile.
Cam and I started P90X in May(ish). As much as I enjoyed it, I dreaded it as well. At the point I was working three nights a week, and exercising an hour every night. I felt like I had NO LIFE. No time with Cam and my kids. Slowly my ambition starting depleting again. To top it off, I got sick as well. As soon as that happened I could pretty much pack P90X’s bags and kiss it good-bye as it left on the train. Confused smile
So anywhoo, I started to compare my experience's in “losing weight”. Asking questions about why I keep failing and why I was able to that ONE time. All I could figure, is that back in last November, I did it for me. No one else. P90X, I didn’t really want to. More cus Cam wanted to so I went along with it. So I started to think about what would make me happy. I started doing research, because I don’t know a lot about dieting. I didn’t want to make myself sick in the process. I read article after article and happened across this one website. I was so impressed by it I bookmarked the article and went around the website a little more. I was interested to find out it was livestrong.com. As I was going through I discovered the had a calorie counter for the iPhone. SERIOUSLY awesome. Every time I go through this site I find something new and wonderful to help me along. This got me excited.
Also we bought a 2nd hand treadmill. Cam and I have always wanted one, so I figured why not.
Well I started on Wednesday ( I think ). Thanks to the app from LIVESTRONG this is the easiest time I have EVER had dieting. I don’t really need to think about it. I plunk it in and it tracks everything, including my work outs. Tell me how many calories I can eat, calories for what I've eaten. I LOVE it. I can already feel a change in my body. I refuse to weigh myself for a long time. I keep telling Cam to hide the weight scale. I also took my measurement's. But really I just want to look in the mirror and feel happy with how I look.
So hopefully next time you read a post about my weight, it will be titled, “I did it!!!!”

Comments

Kaiah said…
YAY!!! you can totally do it! Brandon and I tried also this summer to get into good exercise habits...and failed...no excuse. but hopefully when we actually get our routine back it will get better...? crossing fingers here!
youre awesome Wendy! I loved the post... I felt like it was a page out of my own journal! So babe you are sooooo not alone! P90X is pretty brutal! I did P90 which is a step lower from the P90X and I really enjoyed it. It wasnt as intense and for sure doable! I hate this losing weight battle... it SUCKS!!! But hun you are still a looker so you have lots to celebrate! :) Loved the post!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

-FAT-