Prenatal Exam
Well I went for my prenatal appointment today. I'm due in 4 days so I was really looking forward to this appointment to see if my body was doing anything. I have not felt very much, the occasional cramp here and there, but no braxton hicks (I had tons with Carter). My biggest fear was that I was at zero over all because I wasn't feeling anything. My doc told me that I am sitting at 3 cm dilated and I am 50% effaced. I nearly fell off the table!! I know this doesn't mean anything, and that it can still be a couple more weeks. But MAN does it feel good to know something is happening. With Carter, I was 1 cm dilated 0% effaced for 1 1/2 weeks before I want into labour. Then after about 12 hours of labour, I was still only 1 -2 cm! Being at 3 cm feels great because I didn't have any labour pains getting there! haha unlike Carter. So while I was there, my doc asked me if I wanted her to "help things along",(Sweep the membranes). I said sure! I had heard this helps about 50 % of the time and I never was open enough to have it with Carter. So I went ahead with it. HOLY HANNAH!!!!!!! Some people say this never hurt them, well they are lucky! I had tears running down my face even though I was not crying and it hurt worse then my last labour pains did!! If I go into labour.. I guess it was worth it... but ouch! So now were back to the waiting game. I haven't noticed much since the sweep. Some cramps and minor pain, but my guess is that is form the sweep alone. Right now, I'm just happy something is happening!
Comments
If you start feeling contractions you should jump in the tub! They sped up my contractions pronto!!
I hope everything goes smoother this time for you!!
Come On Baby!!!