♪ ♫Music ♪ ….. my BFF
I had never really cared about music, it wasn’t something I would listen to, or do. I quit Piano (DANG IT) I never played anything else. I would sing at church, but thats as far as it would’ve gone.
I’ll never forget the day, when I heard a song and the beat caught me. I thought “Hey I like this”!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUtnwcv-quE
I loved it! Sugar Ray did not become one of my favourite bands, but I will forever remember them for changing my life. I wanted more. I started listening to the radio. I discovered the Backstreet Boys were the “in” group at the time. So off I went to the mall and bought my first CD.

I ran home and tried it in my stereo, and was meet with disappointment. It was broken. I quickly found my mothers Disc Man (Side Note: I feel old, CD, Disc Man, Stereo… do people use these anymore)??? My love of music began.
Over the years my tastes in music would change with what was going on around me. From Josh Groban to Trapt. Kelly Clarkson to Eminem. Rascall Flats to N'Sync. If you knew me well enough, you could always tell what was happening by the music coming through the speakers.
Through this discovery that music moved my soul, I also discovered that “Hey! I can kind of sing”. That was that, a match was made. The Music coming through my speakers would always have me, singing my heart out in my times of need.
As I got older I bought a car. And I loved it because of the stereo system. It had base and awesome speakers. It was great. Many a good time in that car.
(This isn’t a photo of my car, but that was its color and everything. Looks just like this).

Then I got married…….

Not saying that it was a bad thing, but music really took the back burner. Cam didn’t like listening to music as “ahem” loudly as I did. Also Cam was my all, and everything. I didn’t need music.
We did the typical things, got married bought a house and had kids. Then that day comes, that EVERY women experiences. One day you look at all these wonderful things in your life and think, “Who am I”? Not that you don’t really know, but you almost forget in and the craziness of being a wife, mother, landlord, homeowner, optometric assistant, cleaner, bill payer, chauffer, boo boo kisser……. etc. Don’t seem to fill.
So after all this self reflection, where did I find myself? Face to face with music… One night (while I am sure I was still dealing with Pregnancy/Post Pardum emotions) I was angry with Cam. Not for anything he had done, but that I had these feelings going through me and I didn’t know what to do with them. I heard myself say “I never sing anymore, I don’t Dance anymore”! (Oh yes, side note: Dancing was also a HUGE mover of my soul with music. LOVE).

Its been a year and a half since I had Logan, and I am starting to feel like I am ME again. I haven’t felt like this since before Carter. (By the time Carter was this age I was pregnant with Logan). I am discovering music again. I am even the ward chorister at church in RS. Im discovering new hymns because of it and I constantly sing all the time. I am currently a big lover of Blake Sheltons music. (Not the really Honky Tonk stuff), and love listening to church music. Re-discovering music, has helped me rediscover myself. Even though I feel this road is much longer, at least I have my BFF to keep me company along the way.
I’ll never forget the day, when I heard a song and the beat caught me. I thought “Hey I like this”!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUtnwcv-quE
I loved it! Sugar Ray did not become one of my favourite bands, but I will forever remember them for changing my life. I wanted more. I started listening to the radio. I discovered the Backstreet Boys were the “in” group at the time. So off I went to the mall and bought my first CD.

I ran home and tried it in my stereo, and was meet with disappointment. It was broken. I quickly found my mothers Disc Man (Side Note: I feel old, CD, Disc Man, Stereo… do people use these anymore)??? My love of music began.
Over the years my tastes in music would change with what was going on around me. From Josh Groban to Trapt. Kelly Clarkson to Eminem. Rascall Flats to N'Sync. If you knew me well enough, you could always tell what was happening by the music coming through the speakers.
Through this discovery that music moved my soul, I also discovered that “Hey! I can kind of sing”. That was that, a match was made. The Music coming through my speakers would always have me, singing my heart out in my times of need.
As I got older I bought a car. And I loved it because of the stereo system. It had base and awesome speakers. It was great. Many a good time in that car.
(This isn’t a photo of my car, but that was its color and everything. Looks just like this).
Then I got married…….

Not saying that it was a bad thing, but music really took the back burner. Cam didn’t like listening to music as “ahem” loudly as I did. Also Cam was my all, and everything. I didn’t need music.
We did the typical things, got married bought a house and had kids. Then that day comes, that EVERY women experiences. One day you look at all these wonderful things in your life and think, “Who am I”? Not that you don’t really know, but you almost forget in and the craziness of being a wife, mother, landlord, homeowner, optometric assistant, cleaner, bill payer, chauffer, boo boo kisser……. etc. Don’t seem to fill.
So after all this self reflection, where did I find myself? Face to face with music… One night (while I am sure I was still dealing with Pregnancy/Post Pardum emotions) I was angry with Cam. Not for anything he had done, but that I had these feelings going through me and I didn’t know what to do with them. I heard myself say “I never sing anymore, I don’t Dance anymore”! (Oh yes, side note: Dancing was also a HUGE mover of my soul with music. LOVE).

Its been a year and a half since I had Logan, and I am starting to feel like I am ME again. I haven’t felt like this since before Carter. (By the time Carter was this age I was pregnant with Logan). I am discovering music again. I am even the ward chorister at church in RS. Im discovering new hymns because of it and I constantly sing all the time. I am currently a big lover of Blake Sheltons music. (Not the really Honky Tonk stuff), and love listening to church music. Re-discovering music, has helped me rediscover myself. Even though I feel this road is much longer, at least I have my BFF to keep me company along the way.
Comments
It's so, SO important to have that period of time where you re-discover yourself after being a Mom and feeling mowed over.
You're a Mom - but you're also YOU! And hey! You were YOU first!!! I think it's important for us to know who we are so our children admire us!