For no one
Honestly I feel like blogging. Not sure what kind of post this will turn out to be.
So lets start with the Rental shall we? I hate being a Landlord. If I could sell that house and get rid of it I would. But I don't think we would make enough back. Very depressing. The last year of renters has been terrible. I cry a lot over it and there is a lot of tension between Cam and I over it. This last renter who we had in there for 7 months was the WORST one we have ever had. Combine her with the stress of Carter, mat leave ending, starting work, cams work slowing down, moving (which makes our expenses go up).... easy to say, I have been very worried about money. This renter would be late on her rent every month. If it was 5-6 days I can live with that. Usually it was about to the 20th of the month, sometimes later. She would LIE through her teeth. "Its in the mail" and it wouldnt come. "I had to put my dog down" He was there last I saw. "Im throwing up and pregnant".... the list goes on and on. On top of it all she would NEVER talk to Cam. He would try to call her over and over again and she wouldnt answer and respond with a text. We didnt know what to do as she could lie through her teeth! and we would never be able to tell. Anyways, she finally was a month and half behind on her rent, and we knew she was moving out in a few days anyways (praise the Lord). We evicted her just to make sure she KNEW she was GONE. She FINALLY left. We went to go check out the place, and she left it FILTHY!!!! So I got to clean up her crap. yay. We also discovered she had painted without our consent. GRRR It looks alright but this just shows how POMPOUS she was! She didnt even mention it to us!
So we started advertising, and I dont think renters know how much time and energy it takes to do what a Landlord does. Our most WONDERFUL Brandon and Mekiah have helped us SO MUCH. They show the place for us and it saves so much stress and money on our half and they will never know how grateful we are to them. But we have had two renters lined up and ready to go and then for one reason or another they back out. I believe their reasons are legit (at least I hope so), but its SO FRUSTRATING to think 'YES, Im done for now" after all that work. Then (once with 15 minutes notice) they back out! The last couple we wanted a deposit to hold the place and we couldnt figure out how to get it, and I know if we had got it they would've thought twice before backing out. ARGH! I hate being tied to this house. We try so hard to be fair landlords as we rent ourselves and know how awful, terrible landlords can be. And we just seemed to be pooped on... :(
With the last couple who we thought were taking it, I had 2 days, of NO STRESS! It was heaven. I felt like a whole new person. The last time I felt stress free was when Cam and I were first married. Thats how long it has been. I know I let stress rule my life. But I have never been one to sit back and let things 'fall into place'. Im right there with a hammer smacking it in the direction 'I' want it to go. And you bet it better go that way. Maybe thats why Carter was sent to me?? Sometimes Cam can drive me crazy because he is VERY laid back about things. We can compliment each other in that way. I have actually had more then once anxiety attack. I am learning to control them more and more, but they have gotten worse since we've had children. Again, learning to deal. When we lived in Stettler I was at my worst. We were not in a good place financially and finances are the one thing to make we want to curl up into a ball and rock. Cam use to do the budget, when I was trying to "let go" and relax. Bills were missed and I reclaimed the budget. I cant handle 'missing' a bill. I did that ONCE and it KILLED my credit!!!!!!! NO JOKE. I had a maxed credit card and forgot to pay the minimum payment, so the next month the interest went over my max. The credit card company reported on me and that was all it took to kill my credit.
So ya, money stresses me out.
I cannot wait for the summer. I am overly done with this cold. It has KILLED out battery! Killed it. Almost every morning my car wont start. Which drives me crazy because I need to take carter to school. He has missed more school due to the car not starting, then he has for being sick. Sad... I hope this means were going to have a HOT summer... My kids are dying to go outside and play. Every time I open the door to go out Logan b-lines it for the door. Carter always wants 'out'. Not when its -30 out... ugh.
Im very excited about Queensland ward. What a difference not having to worry about Carter. I still turn everytime the door opened the make sure it wasn't for me. But I could sit and enjoy the lesson and sit with my hubby! Last week was the first time we sat together during Sunday School for the first time in 2 years! It was strange, it almost felt taboo! haha.
Well thats my rambling for now........
So lets start with the Rental shall we? I hate being a Landlord. If I could sell that house and get rid of it I would. But I don't think we would make enough back. Very depressing. The last year of renters has been terrible. I cry a lot over it and there is a lot of tension between Cam and I over it. This last renter who we had in there for 7 months was the WORST one we have ever had. Combine her with the stress of Carter, mat leave ending, starting work, cams work slowing down, moving (which makes our expenses go up).... easy to say, I have been very worried about money. This renter would be late on her rent every month. If it was 5-6 days I can live with that. Usually it was about to the 20th of the month, sometimes later. She would LIE through her teeth. "Its in the mail" and it wouldnt come. "I had to put my dog down" He was there last I saw. "Im throwing up and pregnant".... the list goes on and on. On top of it all she would NEVER talk to Cam. He would try to call her over and over again and she wouldnt answer and respond with a text. We didnt know what to do as she could lie through her teeth! and we would never be able to tell. Anyways, she finally was a month and half behind on her rent, and we knew she was moving out in a few days anyways (praise the Lord). We evicted her just to make sure she KNEW she was GONE. She FINALLY left. We went to go check out the place, and she left it FILTHY!!!! So I got to clean up her crap. yay. We also discovered she had painted without our consent. GRRR It looks alright but this just shows how POMPOUS she was! She didnt even mention it to us!
So we started advertising, and I dont think renters know how much time and energy it takes to do what a Landlord does. Our most WONDERFUL Brandon and Mekiah have helped us SO MUCH. They show the place for us and it saves so much stress and money on our half and they will never know how grateful we are to them. But we have had two renters lined up and ready to go and then for one reason or another they back out. I believe their reasons are legit (at least I hope so), but its SO FRUSTRATING to think 'YES, Im done for now" after all that work. Then (once with 15 minutes notice) they back out! The last couple we wanted a deposit to hold the place and we couldnt figure out how to get it, and I know if we had got it they would've thought twice before backing out. ARGH! I hate being tied to this house. We try so hard to be fair landlords as we rent ourselves and know how awful, terrible landlords can be. And we just seemed to be pooped on... :(
With the last couple who we thought were taking it, I had 2 days, of NO STRESS! It was heaven. I felt like a whole new person. The last time I felt stress free was when Cam and I were first married. Thats how long it has been. I know I let stress rule my life. But I have never been one to sit back and let things 'fall into place'. Im right there with a hammer smacking it in the direction 'I' want it to go. And you bet it better go that way. Maybe thats why Carter was sent to me?? Sometimes Cam can drive me crazy because he is VERY laid back about things. We can compliment each other in that way. I have actually had more then once anxiety attack. I am learning to control them more and more, but they have gotten worse since we've had children. Again, learning to deal. When we lived in Stettler I was at my worst. We were not in a good place financially and finances are the one thing to make we want to curl up into a ball and rock. Cam use to do the budget, when I was trying to "let go" and relax. Bills were missed and I reclaimed the budget. I cant handle 'missing' a bill. I did that ONCE and it KILLED my credit!!!!!!! NO JOKE. I had a maxed credit card and forgot to pay the minimum payment, so the next month the interest went over my max. The credit card company reported on me and that was all it took to kill my credit.
So ya, money stresses me out.
I cannot wait for the summer. I am overly done with this cold. It has KILLED out battery! Killed it. Almost every morning my car wont start. Which drives me crazy because I need to take carter to school. He has missed more school due to the car not starting, then he has for being sick. Sad... I hope this means were going to have a HOT summer... My kids are dying to go outside and play. Every time I open the door to go out Logan b-lines it for the door. Carter always wants 'out'. Not when its -30 out... ugh.
Im very excited about Queensland ward. What a difference not having to worry about Carter. I still turn everytime the door opened the make sure it wasn't for me. But I could sit and enjoy the lesson and sit with my hubby! Last week was the first time we sat together during Sunday School for the first time in 2 years! It was strange, it almost felt taboo! haha.
Well thats my rambling for now........
Comments
Ugh, my heart goes out to you and your family!
Asbi read your post and comme t on my fb i couldnt help but think... You would love my mom! You should bring them over to her house. She is always home. Queensland really is a greT ward. Youll love it!
Im sorry to hear about the struggles with renters. People can be so rude and dumb!
I love ya doll. I know i dont live in calgary but im here for you any time!!!!
we dont mind one bit ;)