Every morning I haul my lovely kids into the car and drive Carter to school. When the weather is nice out, I dont mind the drive! It gets me out of bed, forces me to dress and greet the day. But there is ONE little problem with all this.

I LIVE IN CALGARY.

If the roads are dry, there is no traffic. I can get there and back within 25 minutes. If it is barley snowing, traffic is backed up as far as the eye can see. People either turn into one of the two.
1) "IM GOING TO DIE IF I GO OVER 30 KM AN HOUR, AHHHH".
or
2) "Lets see how far up I can cut into that exit just so I can shave 3 seconds of my time and not obey proper merging laws, or obey any law for that matter".

If people are merging into my lane I alternate right of way. There are signs everywhere in Calgary stating how to merge properly. I guess no one here knows how to read. I will let someone in, then speed up to let the next person go behind me. Alternate.
I cannot count the amount of times, people shake their fist at me, or slam on the gas to get in front of me.
"Oh forgive me, of course Im to sit here in the middle of Mcloed tr and let every Tom Dick and Harry in front of me and hold up traffic behind me because YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE"!
The best is when Im exiting to the right, and I look in my rear view to see someone in the FAR left lane, booking it as fast as they can, cut across four lanes of traffic and cut in right at the front of the exit.
"Did you leave your BRAINS at HOME"? Ugh.
There is a particular exit here in Calgary that actually scares me. From Mcloed to canyon meadows east. There is a Yield going onto canyon meadows and EVERYONE treats it as a merge. If I see someone coming, I Yield the right of way to them. If it is clear I keep going. I have nearly been rear end there countless of times because I am not willing to speed up as fast as I can and get in front of the car on Canyon meadows dr. Lots of times while I am slowing down to yield, the person behind me is speeding up and doesn't notice what I am doing.
I swear my kids are going to grow up with some sorta complex. They have heard me yell so many times while driving.. oops.

Calgary..... learn to drive......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

Kids Calenders