20 minutes, and it all came crashing down....

I admit, (even though it isn't hard to see) I have been very depressed lately. I had been keeping it at bay to the point that I could function and still get things done. Well yesterday in 20 minutes it all cam crashing down. Now something you must understand about my little story is this; I am not depressed because of what happened, what happened just open the flood gates. But I am willing to guess that there a few who will giggle at my story. I laugh at it now, but yesterday I was devastated by life, and wanted nothing to do with life. All I could think were selfish thoughts, "Why me"? "I don't love my life", "What would like be like if"..... the list goes on.

Everyday I leave just before 11 am to pick up Carter from school. I lost track of time and I ended up leaving just after 11am. I made me rather flustered as I threw Logan into the car, moved the recycling bin and drove away.  While sitting at the lights to turn onto Canyon Meadows a Man driving up beside me honks and starts pointing at something. I rolled down my window to have him say "Your electrical cord is attached to your car"! At first I didn't understand what he was saying until I looked at my passenger side mirror to see my cord still plugged into my car after a cold night. I admit I panicked. My head went crazy, but no sooner did I panic did the guy jump out and get it for me. What a nice guy. The experience shook me more then I should have let  it but remember I was already on the verge of cracking.
While thinking about what happened I exited onto mcloed trail. As I speed up I heard a loud THUMP on my roof. "What the heck"??? I look in my rear view mirror to see my wallet fly into the middle of mcloed trail. When I had put Logan into the car I had put it onto the roof and left it there. My first thought was "Sure, the guys sees the cord but not my wallet"?????????????????? Ironic. I tried to think quickly about what to did so I exited and parked the car by the passport office and ran onto mcloed with my baby locked in the car. (At this point I was FREAKING OUT). My wallet was about 40 yards away from where I had parked on the bridge. I was very grateful to see there was a small walk way on it. My wallet looked ok! But while I waited for an opening I saw someone drive over it and little shards fly everywhere. Finally it was safe to go and I grabbed it and ran. I got back to my car and my wallet and cards were surprisingly ok. Funny how my visas got the worst of it.I was half a hour late picking up Carter and I felt TERRIBLE!  But thats when it happened. I started to BAWL and I didnt stop all day. I finally stopped when I had to get my makeup on for work but continued to feel an overwhelming sense of depression all night.

I feel better today. I went to bed at 830 and got up at 7 and I feel better about things. But we need prayers over here... please and thank you!!!

Comments

JamieLeeEarl said…
That sounds like a really rough day, Wendy!! I would have broke down and lost it too!! You're a tough lady though, Wendy and I know your days are going to get brighter...hang in there!! Call me if you ever need to chat or even just vent, ok!! I love you!!
David said…
The bright side: Honestly, it feels good to sometimes let the floodgates come crashing down once in awhile. Especially over something as innocent as this (at least the breaking point wasn't directed at anyone or because of anyone).
sometimes you need to sit and cry. You have been through sooo much lately, you didn't need to have a day like that to top it off.
You are in our prayers. I am thinking of you and your family often. If you ever need someone to talk to or just have listen... Im good at both! Sometimes it feels good to just have someone who is not involved in the things happening in your life to sit and listen. Let me know if you need to have a venting session k! :)