Potato Mountain

Have you ever hit that point where you try very hard to have a positive outlook on life? I have. Yesterday while cleaning up mountains of potatoes off of my floor from my sons dinner, I tried it out. I was not so happy about being down there. I thought he was eating nicely and I even gave him seconds. Just to step in one of these mountains to find out I was DEAD wrong. Potatoes everywhere. So with each mound I made myself think of a reason I was GRATEFUL for these potatoes on my floor. At first I was stumped, but once I got rolling it was easy.
1) That we have enough food to eat that my son feels he can waste it (I was still kind of mad here).
2) That Cam has a job to pay for the food
3) That Carter is alive to throw it
4) That Carter is strong enough to feed himself (when it actually gets it into his mouth).
5) That we have a floor for me to clean
6) That Im able to get down there and clean it.
7) That we have a washing machine to wash my mashed potato socks.
8) That Cam is humorous enough to laugh at me while I mutter to myself.

There were a lot of potatoes. But by the time I was done, I didn't get mad at Carter. Instead I was happy and wanting to be with him.

Comments

Meghan Anderson said…
Awww... that's a good idea!
I esp like the husband laughing as you mutter to yourself!!
I too hate walking on food on the floor... it's gross!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

-FAT-