~ YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS RECAPTURED, WHEN YOU HOLD HANDS WITH A CHILD ~
The last nice night, at the park.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
We decided to take the kids to the park. It isn't going to be nice much longer. We got slurpees and candy and headed out. Carter had an AMAZING time! We got there and he was squealing before we even parked!
Cam and I have told people more then once, "Carter is suspect Autism Spectrum Disorder". But after so many months of waiting, and having a specialist sit you down and say "After observing you son, we firmly believe that he has Autism". I now realize that I was not prepared to deal with the fact that Carter has Autisum. I was, and still am, Devastated. After the specialist told us of her conclusions she then asked , "Now after hearing that, how are you feeling? Are ok? Do you have questions? Can I help?" Honestly I thought I was fine. "We knew this was coming" I said. "I'm fine". Cams answer was the same. After she said "Yes, but sometimes having it confirmed makes it sink in, and you don't react how you thought you would". She was right. As soon as she said that I looked deeper and I knew I was ready to burst into tears. I wanted her out of my house and NOW. I knew Cam was dealing with his own feelings, so I h...
So i have been wanting to post all the projects i've been working on. But we are sick. Lovely flu. But the reason I am posting... Erica started rolling over yesterday! I could barley drag myself out of bed, but then i was greeted with this. She looks SO proud of herself when she does it too. Shes been trying since she was 2 months old. So I was wondering when she would get all the way. Shes 5 months in a week or so. She would only do it when you weren't looking. But now shes going crazy! She gets on her belly and tries to push with her feet. SO CUTE!! She wont stay on her back anymore. Then when she rolls over she stares you down until you praise her. This is this morning. She is an old pro now.
What a HORRIBLE word. It is consuming. I wonder how many times that word runs through my head. I know at least once a day...... or twice.... or three or four or five..... ok ok 50! x 100.. anyways... On Saturday at work I helped this man. He didn't speak English well and I found him very frustrating. He thought it was $15 for EVERYTHING. Glasses, exam... everything.. He was suppose to go back in to see the doctor but walked out not realizing he wasn't done. (Were still talking about Fat hang in there). Last night he came back, and I avoided him like the plague. I could tell my co-worker was having a hard time with him too. Little did I realize why. Afterwards she told me that he was very confrontational and kept saying "Well the fat girl on Saturday said this". "But when I talked to the fat girl"......... over and over and over and over again. She asked me if I knew who helped him. Aren't I lucky? It was me. Nothing like hearing the thing you are mo...
Comments