Canada's Health Guide




Well I have finally gotten back on the band wagon with my working out. But as we all know, you need to eat healthy too! Yesterday afternoon I sat down and did a lot of research. I went through Herbal Magic reviews and LA weight loss reviews as those are the 2 main ones that I really know of. I looked into weight loss pills - supplements you name it! It all kept coming back to the same thing. Portions. The weight loss programs that you can pay lots of $$$$ for all came back to how you eat. Lots of women posted that the herbs and other recommended things did nothing for them. HM never mentioned working out! How is it healthy to stuff yourself full of these pills, and not work out? More then once the Canada's Health website was mentioned.

So this all got me thinking... When I was pregnant with Carter I got sent to a Dietician because I was informed I had Gestational Diabetes, (Which was a mistake and I didn't). But as a result I had a meal plan from Canada Health that I clung to. I found it easy to follow and Cam and I were shocked to see my face and arms slim down, even though I was gaining weight!!! How could I go wrong?!!? So this morning I went through the Canada's Food Guide and printed it off, then I created a My Food Guide for myself, Cam and Carter. I learned about serving portions an printed of the Veggies/Fruits, Grains, Meats, and Milks found at the bottom of this page. After all this I have discovered that I am over eating. I did know this already, but now I am aware of just how much I over eat! I am determined to do this. I have a horrible sweet tooth and I am honestly hoping that I can learn new ways to snack through the Canada's Health site. Wish me luck here we go!

Comments

You go girl! I know what you mean, I did some research and realized it is all about portion control. But to be honest... that is hard for me! hahaha.
I got a book from chapters called Eat clean and it was sooooo educational and possible! It had a chapter on EVERY question I could possibly have. I think you can look it up on line. I love it!
You inspire me. I need to do the same thing you are doing. I need to get back up on that horse and work hard!
Let me know how it all goes!!!!! :)
Me said…
I've pretty much done the same thing and come to the same conclusion. Portion sizes and self control and exercise. As easy and yet as hard as that! Good luck!
henline crew said…
It really is all about portions. Good luck!! You'll do great!
Wendy Earl said…
Thanks for the support guys! I sure want to do this. Im sick of feeling like a tub....

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

-FAT-