reflection
(A lot of rambles in this post).
These last few days have been hard. Erica caught a viral infection, which made for a lot of screaming, crying (for both of us), bad nights, etc.. She had a head to toe rash, green BM.. We ended up taking her to urgent care after the fifth hour of screaming. Then of course she stopped when we got there. So we turned around and left. She was up every 1/2-1 hr that night. The next morning I took her to the doctor and they said it would clear up on its own. Sure enough it has. She is slowly turning back into the content angel I love.
After this I couldn't help but think "what would we be doing if we never had a baby"? Don't get me wrong. I dont want to send her back or anything. But at this time last year, we were standing firm to our statement "We are DONE having kids". Until Heavenly Father took over and I felt we needed to have one more. NOW we are done having kids.
I started reflecting on the last year. I started working out, lost twenty pounds. Getting pregnant.. Christmas. My HORRIBLE pregnancy. It was a tough year after I got pregnant. I can see how it has affected me, and my relationship with my husband and children. It has taken its toll. Now I am starting to feel like I want to make everything better, and I have a baby to worry about now.
During my reflection, I realized that Cam and I had passed the seven year anniversary of when we started dating. It scares me honestly. The "Seven year itch" is always something I have thought about. Ever since we hit 5 years, I have been waiting nervously for 7. Especially after I have watched SO many of my friends and friends parents go through separation and divorce! Cam and I no where near that. Its just a scary thought. Being divorce with 3 kids. (AGAIN Cam and I are GREAT, your mind just goes all over at 3am when your bored).
I really want to get on with life. I try very hard to enjoy this stage with Erica, considering she is my last. But I want to start working out again. I want to be able to go out without her SCREAMING while shes in her car seat. I have been going crazy! I get excited when I get to go to the CO-OP alone. I want school to start so Carter can get back into his schedule and therapy, also so I can have more Logan time.
During all this viral infection with Erica, Carter started with his new in home therapy with Renfrew. 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hours. I have been SO nervous to start this. We had a company at the beginning of the year and it didnt go so well. After 2 aids I fired the whole company. It was not what I was expecting or hoping for. I stuck it out with the second aid for 7 weeks and felt we got nowhere. Then with a new baby and Renfrew starting, I was anxious because of my encounter with the old company. Renfrew came through the door and IMMEDIATELY they were pushing him to talk and do things. For the two days they were here I am now excited about what the future will bring. He said some many things with them that I have NEVER heard him say and do things hes never done! The insured me they are not here to step on my toes. I can nap if needed, I dont need to be in the room. They can do outings with me. I can even get their help with some sort of lesson if I wanted! (I've been thinking hard about swimming lessons for him). I am very excited!
So now my goal is Christmas. I figure by then, Erica will be older and feed in longer periods. I want to see the progress that Carter has made by then. Logan will be talking more (and hopefully done his first classes in gymnastics). Hopefully Ill be able to be working out. Im excited for Christmas.
Comments