Erica and the last 3 weeks.
The last few weeks have really moulded into one. When you're not sleeping right, you tend to forget what day it is.
Erica is really a good baby. Within the first week and a half, she gave us 2, 5 hour stretches in the night, and last night she gave us the whole morning. Of course we've had our bad nights too. She really likes to be held. So I really value the time she sleeps in her swing or chair. Or if there is someone else to hold her. I tend to lug her around while trying to clean. Takes ten times longer with only one hand.
The PVR we got installed is a life saver. As have my parents. My mom has been over A LOT. She feels like she does nothing, but just having someone else to hold her is more then enough.
Erica has been fighting Thrush from almost the day we brought her home. Now I have mastitis. So my chest hurts a whole bunch. She does have her gassy moments, but I wouldn't go out and say she colic. The meds she is on for the thrush do a number on her tummy, but she seems to get better and better with that the bigger she gets. Breast feeding is getting better now that the Thrush is on its way out. It feels strange not to go out though. Both the boys were bottle feed so we could leave them with a sitter. Or I could go out on my own while Cam had them. Feels very restrictive.
The boys are getting use to her. The first week was the worst. Nothing really towards her, but they had a lot of tantrums and whined a lot. About a week ago Cam and I both felt things were getting back to the 'new normal' around here. Ill admit, the boys watch a lot of tv, and Im ready for school to start.
Ive only cried once which is HUGE!! When Carter was born I cried all day every day.
She is such a doll. She has started to smile and she tries to talk which is SO ADORABLE! Shes got HUGE blue eyes that look at you so intently.
When I was pregnant with the boys I could kind of feel what they were like. With Erica I never felt anything and it always scared me to what kind of kid she would be! But now that shes here I realize 'I' was the problem. I was so grr about the pregnancy and grumpy all the time, I never had a chance to feel the calm peaceful spirit of her. She is so content. She needs no type of soother because when she cries I always know whats wrong! But she HATES her car seat. Unless shes asleep, she SCREAMS the whole time were driving. The ONLY time I wish she would take a soother.
Erica is really a good baby. Within the first week and a half, she gave us 2, 5 hour stretches in the night, and last night she gave us the whole morning. Of course we've had our bad nights too. She really likes to be held. So I really value the time she sleeps in her swing or chair. Or if there is someone else to hold her. I tend to lug her around while trying to clean. Takes ten times longer with only one hand.
The PVR we got installed is a life saver. As have my parents. My mom has been over A LOT. She feels like she does nothing, but just having someone else to hold her is more then enough.
Erica has been fighting Thrush from almost the day we brought her home. Now I have mastitis. So my chest hurts a whole bunch. She does have her gassy moments, but I wouldn't go out and say she colic. The meds she is on for the thrush do a number on her tummy, but she seems to get better and better with that the bigger she gets. Breast feeding is getting better now that the Thrush is on its way out. It feels strange not to go out though. Both the boys were bottle feed so we could leave them with a sitter. Or I could go out on my own while Cam had them. Feels very restrictive.
The boys are getting use to her. The first week was the worst. Nothing really towards her, but they had a lot of tantrums and whined a lot. About a week ago Cam and I both felt things were getting back to the 'new normal' around here. Ill admit, the boys watch a lot of tv, and Im ready for school to start.
Ive only cried once which is HUGE!! When Carter was born I cried all day every day.
She is such a doll. She has started to smile and she tries to talk which is SO ADORABLE! Shes got HUGE blue eyes that look at you so intently.
When I was pregnant with the boys I could kind of feel what they were like. With Erica I never felt anything and it always scared me to what kind of kid she would be! But now that shes here I realize 'I' was the problem. I was so grr about the pregnancy and grumpy all the time, I never had a chance to feel the calm peaceful spirit of her. She is so content. She needs no type of soother because when she cries I always know whats wrong! But she HATES her car seat. Unless shes asleep, she SCREAMS the whole time were driving. The ONLY time I wish she would take a soother.
Comments