My Reminder
This week has been hard. With my last day at work slowly approaching, I was getting more anxious for it to be over and done with. Cam and I haven't been sleeping well, and as a result I haven't been working out well. So this week has turned cold and wet. Thus adding to the gloominess.
We have been trying to get our Malibu fixed so we could try to sell it. My sister was selling her old van and Cam and I were wanting to buy it. We have grown out of our car and wanted something bigger. This week we finally did something about it. We got it in and got it looked at. That afternoon he called us with an estimate...... $3000! *GAG*
Needless to say we did not fix it. Instead I called an ad I found on Kijiji. Cash for cars. He offered us exactly what we wanted. Most Malibu's were going for $6000, we were hoping to get $3000 with the leak. So the guy came and knew exactly what was wrong with the car and cut our price in half. OUCH. But we took it. We were sick and tired of dealing with it. We picked up the van that night. What a whirlwind.
I promise there is a reason to keep reading.
Last night, I finished my last shift at work and headed home. Cam asked me to pick up pizza on the way home. I was in a horrible funk. It was raining my back hurt and I was out A LOT of money. I grabbed the pizza and walked back to my van with my own little cloud above my head. Then the smallest thing happened to snap me out of it.
I Heard the Rain.
I know, it had been raining awhile at that point, but this time I heard the beauty of it. I looked up to see a beautiful scene. A street lamp lite fall colored trees and I could see the rain fall past it.
Kind of like this, but with fall leaves and rain!

I felt like it was my reminder to wake up. Walk tall. Things could be worse.
"Supposing today were you last day on Earth,
The last Mile of the journey you've trod;
After all of your struggles how much are you worth,
How much can you take home to God?
Don't count as possessions your silver and gold,
Tomorrow you leave these behind,
And all that is yours to have and to hold
Is the service you've given mankind".
(Anonymous, as quoted by David O. McKay, Treasures of Life)
We have been trying to get our Malibu fixed so we could try to sell it. My sister was selling her old van and Cam and I were wanting to buy it. We have grown out of our car and wanted something bigger. This week we finally did something about it. We got it in and got it looked at. That afternoon he called us with an estimate...... $3000! *GAG*
Needless to say we did not fix it. Instead I called an ad I found on Kijiji. Cash for cars. He offered us exactly what we wanted. Most Malibu's were going for $6000, we were hoping to get $3000 with the leak. So the guy came and knew exactly what was wrong with the car and cut our price in half. OUCH. But we took it. We were sick and tired of dealing with it. We picked up the van that night. What a whirlwind.
I promise there is a reason to keep reading.
Last night, I finished my last shift at work and headed home. Cam asked me to pick up pizza on the way home. I was in a horrible funk. It was raining my back hurt and I was out A LOT of money. I grabbed the pizza and walked back to my van with my own little cloud above my head. Then the smallest thing happened to snap me out of it.
I Heard the Rain.
I know, it had been raining awhile at that point, but this time I heard the beauty of it. I looked up to see a beautiful scene. A street lamp lite fall colored trees and I could see the rain fall past it.
Kind of like this, but with fall leaves and rain!

I felt like it was my reminder to wake up. Walk tall. Things could be worse.
"Supposing today were you last day on Earth,
The last Mile of the journey you've trod;
After all of your struggles how much are you worth,
How much can you take home to God?
Don't count as possessions your silver and gold,
Tomorrow you leave these behind,
And all that is yours to have and to hold
Is the service you've given mankind".
(Anonymous, as quoted by David O. McKay, Treasures of Life)
Comments
That was Terrific (capital T)
I have had moments like that too. I think it's so easy to self-pity or get stuck in a funk... I hate it! But I love being shaken alive by the small things - like the sound of rain on the fall leaves, or one of my children putting their hand on my face... it's the little things! :o)
I ♥ this post.