Decorating!

In a previous post I talked about how I felt trapped in the place that we were living. I had almost zero room to play around and decorate. The more decorating I did the more cluttered it felt. I hated it.
Well now that we are in our new place, one piece at a time, I am slowly decorating. A picture here, a saying there. New curtains that are not white and boring. Shelves that match my taste perfectly (Thanks Cam). Im having fun.
Now that my FAVORITE seasons are upon us. I have been dying to do something for fall. I don't have many fall things left from when we lived in Stettler. Over all our moves since then I have thrown a lot out. So I am starting from scratch. (Im not to chocked up though ;D ).
SO I just tried to work with what I had. I wasn't overly happy with it.


It was ok, but not what I was looking for.

So today I went to Michaels with my sister. That is one dangerous store. They had all the fall decorating on sale for 40% off. Yikes! I may have bought more then I should have. 

This cute little apple was a set of two. they are card holders, but I am using them as decoration. 


I thought this was green, and I am a little disappointed that it was brown. But it works.

Then I went to Sobeys and bought this Cornucopia that I have been oogling over! But didnt want to buy it to soon. I wanted it to still be looking good at Thanksgiving. 
LOVE

While I was there I got mini pumpkins. Mini pumpkins are just what they say they are. For some reason I thought they would be hard all the way through??? 
Anyways.. I wanted to put a tea light into 2/3 pumpkins that I bought. I used a dry erase marker to trace it onto the pumpkin. The used a knife to slice the sucker open.  This is when my surprise came that it was ACTUALLY a mini pumpkin. Oh goodness. 

The dry erase marker came off no problem. I love how they look.

So put them all together and this is what I got. I'm quite happy with it. 








Comments

Gingerjigger said…
Wendy you are a domestic godess! I am not that creative at all, fancy decorating my flat for me... please =)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

Kids Calenders