On Wednesday Carter didn't go to school, as he was getting his diagnoses that day. We dropped Logan off at G&G and went to the Doctors. He was such a good boy! Held my hand where ever we went, listened for the nurses and held still for the doctor to check him! As we already knew, she confirmed the diagnoses of Autism Spectrum Disorder. This time I am completely fine. I knew this is what it would be. But now that we have it, we can move on to other more important things. Getting funding to get Carter more help. Lately Carter has been starting to parrot a lot more, (repeat what we say). Its all words now, before it was just a choice few. It is the first step to learning how to talk. Im really hoping he will learn more so we can have more communication with him.
Unlike before I am now excited to have an aide in the home with him. I have been hearing what sort of advances children make when they have this therapy and I'm excited for it now. Even though it will be a lot. It won't be like this forever.
While we were there the Doctor warn me that the funding for Children like Carter has been cut back. (Stupid GOV). And the gear myself for the worst. Children that she thinks will have no problems getting funded, Don't!
So the next day I actually got a phone call from the Family Support for Children with Disabilities. They were missing a form and needed it faxed to them. But it worked out in a weird way for me because she told me that he will be getting a worker assigned and that she would be calling me soon. She would then determine what funding Carter would get, if any. But I have my doubts that he wouldn't get any. So I think its looking good on the funding end of things!
This is just a video of Logi. I discovered this morning that he loves smoothies.
Unlike before I am now excited to have an aide in the home with him. I have been hearing what sort of advances children make when they have this therapy and I'm excited for it now. Even though it will be a lot. It won't be like this forever.
While we were there the Doctor warn me that the funding for Children like Carter has been cut back. (Stupid GOV). And the gear myself for the worst. Children that she thinks will have no problems getting funded, Don't!
So the next day I actually got a phone call from the Family Support for Children with Disabilities. They were missing a form and needed it faxed to them. But it worked out in a weird way for me because she told me that he will be getting a worker assigned and that she would be calling me soon. She would then determine what funding Carter would get, if any. But I have my doubts that he wouldn't get any. So I think its looking good on the funding end of things!
This is just a video of Logi. I discovered this morning that he loves smoothies.
Comments