Count Down

So there is this little thing called Pinterest. Quite often, I will try recipes, and every so often I will try a craft. Sometimes it is a bust. Sometimes, it is wonderful and I get very excited. This--I am very excited about.

Cam and I decided that for us, we are going to keep Christmas simple. There is nothing we Love more then helping our kidlings open and play and play and play. Our presents always get pushed to the side. So were keeping it low key this year.
During my perusing I came across this blog post. "The Spouse Christmas Count Down". I'm guessing that at least one person who is reading this, has seen it. Lets face it. ADORABLE! This type of thing NEVER happens in my house. Even when we were dating we never did anything like this. I decided I was going to do it. As I read through it became apparent that the woman writing the post, had no children. Maybe she does, but with my three kiddos I dont have time to make the cards like she did.
So what did I do? I went to Micheals. It was GREAT! Everything was on sale for 40% off, AND I had a 20% of everything coupon. SCORE! The first thing I went in search of were premade cards. I actually could not find them on the shelves! I was walking around and found this pack. It looked as if someone had dumped them there. But they were EXACTLY what I had wanted. Score again!!
It came with 40 cards and envelopes. Which meant I can make mistakes, I only needed 25! 

Next up, cute paper. They had a nice little stand with everything Christmas for scrapbooking. I got a pad of paper that had mixed Christmas prints, and red card stock. I already had green, the glue sticks I got from the dollar store. The numbers was a free print off from the original site I got the idea from. 
With the coupons, my grand total was a WHOPPING $14.00! Can't get any better then that! So first things first.. I started working on the envelopes. After a lot of trial and error on the size, and one crying baby later, I finally got it right. I added a little piece of clip art to brighten it a bit. The font on the envelope I got for free here.
25 of these puppies later and I was thrilled we came through with no paper jams. 

Next I moved onto the cards. I wanted to make them look good, but not go crazy. I didnt want to fully ignore my children. This was a full two afternoons worth of work as it was. The more scrapes I got, the more  ideas I got. 




Cam called me when he around the corner from the house. Hence the two different picture settings. I had to throw everything in a bag and hide it. He walked it just as I put the bag away. Phew! 

I am now working on the insides. I have made templates on word that will be the proper size for the cards. I am making a list of activities and compliments I will include in them. I am really terrible at saying "You're GREAT!" Then not really elaborating it. I have found google to be a good friend to help me with this. For activities, so far I have: 

A date night with me (and Erica LOL). 
A night of XBox.
A Back rub.
Decorate a gingerbread house.
Drive around and look at lights. 
Zoo Lights. (The Calgary Zoo puts up lights every year. We Love going).
Nativity
Decorate Daddy like a Christmas Tree. (Dollar store items. Wrap Daddy in green streamers. Decorate him with stickers, pipe cleaner, tin foil.. anything!!)
Watch Daddys favorite Christmas movie.

I may not use all of these. Do 1-2 activities a week. 

So thats my "Cams Christmas Countdown"! I will blog once it is all done and let you all know how it went down! SO EXCITED!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

Kids Calenders