Why does marriage do this?

Making friends while married is awful....
Example....
The women no longer has close male friends, and viseversa. There may be the exception to this rule. But all of my friends from before I got married, I NEVER talk to anymore. Especially if they are married, which naturally means I now talk to their wife. Now I am not complaining. My best friend is my Husband and that works for me.
Making a couple friend (Two people who are married) is soo hard. The Husband needs to like the Husband and the Wife needs to like the Wife.Criss cross that.... Do they like the same games etc,,,
I seem to have a hard time making friends too on my own. I miss that friend who I would see once a week and be able to talk to everyday and always have something to talk about on the phone.
I have found that i am not the only stay at home mom/house wife who feels this way. I am the worst at making time to make friends. It use to come naturally to me! But now this new friend not only needs to like me, but my 3 kids and hubby too! And my house is sometimes very crazy and I feel bad putting that on other people. And honestly with Carters Autism, I have started pushing people away feeling like they wont understand if he breaks down, or when he doesn't talk properly. I envy people who find this person at this point in their lives.
What are your thoughts?

Comments

I understand where your coming from and I don't even have kids yet. lol
This happens to everyone at some point. I found it very hard to meet people and keep them as a friend growing up, mostly because of how shy i was. I always thought that they would not like me. I somehow got threw it and I know you will too. I am sure most people would be more understanding of Carter's situation than you think they might.
You can always call me! Luv ya! :)
Kristy Stanford said…
So true, I so wish I had that too. Similar age kids to play, same school times to hang out, husbands who are off the same time from work etc too. Makes it SO hard. Glad we have u guys as friends (even though it seems impossible to get together with babysitters!). Plus with technology its so much easier to text then call which makes it harder for u to get close with someone
Gilly said…
Couple friends are awesome to have - but even when you have them it is hard to find time to get together when your kids are little - but the the kids do grow and it gets easier. I would focus on girl friends with matching kids. When my kids were little I would always call around to people when we were going to the park etc. The moms that came and were always up for something became my best friends.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

Kids Calenders