Am I Me?

Over the last week or so, I have been tackling our family videos and photos. Getting them burned onto DVD so if our computer ever crashes we still have those memories in some form. I have been doing a lot of self reflection over this time, because I am shocked at how different Cam and I seem in the videos. The first thing I realized is that I will never go dark with my hair again..

I Will stay light.








As well as, being New parents dealing with those everyday struggles, trying to find ourselves in this foreign world of parenting. We seem so different from those times. (Keep in mind I realize people change). But I keep asking Cam about what he thinks about how we have changed. How he thinks we are different. I am concerned this change is not good... Compared to those videos, I feel... harder. That's the only way I can describe it. It has really been concerning me. Cam's thought, was maybe I have become a fighter, not harder. I need to fight for Carter and Logan. I have become a Mom. I like looking at it this way. But I cannot help but wonder if the changes in me are good or not?!

Comments

Me said…
Having children does change us, I know I have. I am so fiercely protective of my kids it scares me sometimes. But who else do they have? They are so innocent and helpless for the most part...
I don't know exactly how your religion works but we believe that our kids belong to God and have to let go of our grip on them. I'm not very good at that thought process most of the time. Love for a child is like nothing else and they end up being tops on our priority list.