I feel like Im slacking in the blogging area. But every time I sit down to blog I draw a blank. So Im just going to start typing and see what| happens.
I was really excited for Carter to finish school. I loathed driving him there every day, and I knew Logan hated it too. I couldn't wait for our trip to Utah to see Jamie and Jamie. I wanted summer to come very badly. Our trip was great. WAY to short! But we had a great time regardless. Cam tried hard to convince me to stay a couple more days, which I was willing to do but both of us were working the next day and I couldn't bring myself to do that. It was rather hard to go straight to work. I couldn't get out of vacation mode for about another week. I didn't do a thing around the house. The kids and I were out in the backyard every chance we got. I went to work and hated every second of it! Especially the Saturday I had to work. 2 Days after I got home, we went to Cranston spray park with my sister and her kids... the kids had such a good time, I got to follow Logan around. Which was rather frustrating, but one day I will be able to sit back and relax. I finally snapped out of vacation mode when Cam told me he was out of clothing...... period. Ooops.
When we got home from Utah Cam mentioned to me how much he enjoyed not having a TV in the main room while we were there. The kids played more, and we played more with the kids. They went outside way more and were happier. So we discussed moving the TV into our basement. If you saw what it looked like before hand, ugh, what an under taking. But I said I would try it. I was slightly skeptical that it would change much. That Carter and Logan would just be going down there all the time to watch it. We moved it while Carter was in bed, and the next morning he was NOT happy. Almost like we had hurt him to the core. It really threw him off him game. When he finally discovered the TV he instantly snapped out of his funk. Which showed me that we did the right thing by moving it down there. Well its now been about 2 weeks since we moved it, and the kids play so much more, and will watch a movie once in awhile. I have found them even coming upstairs in the middle of a movie to come play upstairs! Yay! It worked. Cam and I actually enjoy being down there to watch tv. Which we do a whole lot less of now. Now that the main room is opened up we feel better about inviting people over. Our main room feels HUGE compared to before.
Having Carter home from school has been great and challenging at the same time. I missed him so much while he was at school, and I love cuddling with him and seeing his brother and him getting along really well. (Most of the time). But Im worried he is going to start regressing. I don't know a lot when it comes to his therapy, I know a little but not enough that (I feel) will keep him going. One thing his therapists suggested when he got diagnosed was to keep music in the house. To sing to him. Carter LOVES music and that is one thing that will really get him moving. I found it interesting that they suggested that. I didn't do much with it though. I tried to sing the "This is the way we __________" song but I always forgot. When we went to Utah I made a kids play list of their favorite songs. Cam was asleep and I was driving so I decided to put it on. The kids LOVE IT! We were singing and dancing for HOURS! And Cam got to sleep! Now every morning when the kids get up I put on their playlist in replacement of the TV. Carter will dance and sing at the top of his lungs. He now sings the ABC song and C is for Cookie, the larry boy song and so many more. He says most of the words correctly. Then we work with him for the rest!
Over all our summer has been busy, as I am working Fridays. I hate it, but with them being closed on Saturdays I needed to make up my hours somewhere.In a perfect world I would not need to work. This long weekend were going to Banff as we havent done anything as a family since Utah.
Cam took on a summer project and re stained my kitchen table.
I was really excited for Carter to finish school. I loathed driving him there every day, and I knew Logan hated it too. I couldn't wait for our trip to Utah to see Jamie and Jamie. I wanted summer to come very badly. Our trip was great. WAY to short! But we had a great time regardless. Cam tried hard to convince me to stay a couple more days, which I was willing to do but both of us were working the next day and I couldn't bring myself to do that. It was rather hard to go straight to work. I couldn't get out of vacation mode for about another week. I didn't do a thing around the house. The kids and I were out in the backyard every chance we got. I went to work and hated every second of it! Especially the Saturday I had to work. 2 Days after I got home, we went to Cranston spray park with my sister and her kids... the kids had such a good time, I got to follow Logan around. Which was rather frustrating, but one day I will be able to sit back and relax. I finally snapped out of vacation mode when Cam told me he was out of clothing...... period. Ooops.
When we got home from Utah Cam mentioned to me how much he enjoyed not having a TV in the main room while we were there. The kids played more, and we played more with the kids. They went outside way more and were happier. So we discussed moving the TV into our basement. If you saw what it looked like before hand, ugh, what an under taking. But I said I would try it. I was slightly skeptical that it would change much. That Carter and Logan would just be going down there all the time to watch it. We moved it while Carter was in bed, and the next morning he was NOT happy. Almost like we had hurt him to the core. It really threw him off him game. When he finally discovered the TV he instantly snapped out of his funk. Which showed me that we did the right thing by moving it down there. Well its now been about 2 weeks since we moved it, and the kids play so much more, and will watch a movie once in awhile. I have found them even coming upstairs in the middle of a movie to come play upstairs! Yay! It worked. Cam and I actually enjoy being down there to watch tv. Which we do a whole lot less of now. Now that the main room is opened up we feel better about inviting people over. Our main room feels HUGE compared to before.
Having Carter home from school has been great and challenging at the same time. I missed him so much while he was at school, and I love cuddling with him and seeing his brother and him getting along really well. (Most of the time). But Im worried he is going to start regressing. I don't know a lot when it comes to his therapy, I know a little but not enough that (I feel) will keep him going. One thing his therapists suggested when he got diagnosed was to keep music in the house. To sing to him. Carter LOVES music and that is one thing that will really get him moving. I found it interesting that they suggested that. I didn't do much with it though. I tried to sing the "This is the way we __________" song but I always forgot. When we went to Utah I made a kids play list of their favorite songs. Cam was asleep and I was driving so I decided to put it on. The kids LOVE IT! We were singing and dancing for HOURS! And Cam got to sleep! Now every morning when the kids get up I put on their playlist in replacement of the TV. Carter will dance and sing at the top of his lungs. He now sings the ABC song and C is for Cookie, the larry boy song and so many more. He says most of the words correctly. Then we work with him for the rest!
Over all our summer has been busy, as I am working Fridays. I hate it, but with them being closed on Saturdays I needed to make up my hours somewhere.In a perfect world I would not need to work. This long weekend were going to Banff as we havent done anything as a family since Utah.
Cam took on a summer project and re stained my kitchen table.
Comments