Our crazy night!

So a couple of back ground notes.

For quite sometime Cam and I have been looking for a second hand van. Occasionally we would check Kijiji, but honestly we weren't pursuing it hard. Every Saturday we would look and see what is new.
Also our renters are moving at the end of this month and we haven't found renters as of yet. A couple of bites but nothing to give us hope. With Friday being the last day of the month I was getting rather stressed.

So here is our crazy night. Every day I have been checking online sales for Vans. Going on every few hours to see if anything new has come up. Just to make sure I am one of the first to see a good deal. For about a week I've been doing this with nothing jumping out at me. Well as I use it more, I've been learning how to change my searches. I discovered that Kijiji sets the search 80 km away from your postal code. So I changed it to 150 km. Much to my surprise there is a van with EVERYTHING we wanted. But it is out in Three Hills AB. 1 1/2 hrs away from here. Cam came home with a bad head ache and honestly I wanted help with the kids. But we both thought it was to go to pass up. So Cam called the ad, and within 15 minutes he was on his way to Three Hills. He called me around 8:30 and gave me his opinion, and he got the guy to go down in price. We ended up paying only $100 more then we wanted, and it is all pending on safety inspection. But Cam feels like that will go through fine! Then Tom (my Father in law) may come up on Thursday with Brandon (my bro in law who is buying our other car). That way Brandon can go get the van with Cam, and then our Car is not sitting on the street with no insurance because Brandon will take it home! Also Tom can bring our pink slips up from Coutts for the new Van so we have no waiting because we deal with a broker in Coutts!
Then on his way home, he got a phone call from a lady who had been wishy washy about taking out rental down south due to it being a big change. But she wants to take it! YAY! His phone died before he could do all the details, so cross your fingers that will work out fine today.
I feel blessed that everything worked out so well. I hope it continues that way, and hopefully by the weekend well have a Van and Renters!! Well, now that i look at it, it wasn't terribly crazy. But it sure felt like a whirl wind to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging it because I cannot talk about it.

-FAT-